Injectafer Savings & Resources
Injectafer Savings & Resources
Saving and Resource Banner
The Injectafer Savings Program
The wholesale acquisition cost (WAC) of Injectafer is $1,173.86 per infusion.† Actual costs may vary based on insurance coverage and eligibility for support programs.†WAC is the price at which Daiichi Sankyo sells its products to wholesalers.
The Injectafer Savings Program‡
For the treatment of iron deficiency anemia (IDA) in adult patients who have intolerance to oral iron, have had unsatisfactory response to oral iron, or have non-dialysis-dependent chronic kidney disease, Injectafer is the only IV iron treatment that provides up to 1500 mg of iron per course in 2 administrations of 750 mg separated by at least 7 days.
‡The Injectafer Savings Program is only available for adults 18 years or older who are commercially insured. Please see full Terms and Conditions.
§Insurance out-of-pocket payment must be over $50. Other restrictions may apply.
Call Us or Enroll Online
You have commercial insuranceAND
You are a resident of the USA or its territories, including Puerto Rico
You have Medicare, Medicaid, or other federal or state healthcare insuranceOR
You have private indemnity or HMO insurance that reimburses patients for the entire cost of prescription drugsOR
You are Medicare-eligible and enrolled in an employer-sponsored health plan or medical or prescription drug benefit program for retirees
Once you’re enrolled and receive your infusion of Injectafer, your doctor will bill the Injectafer Savings Program for your copay requirement.
If the copay requirement is more than $500 for your infusion, your doctor may bill you for the remaining amount that you’ll need to pay.
If your doctor requires you to pay the copay when you receive your infusion, the Injectafer Savings Program will reimburse you via paper check. For more information,
Call Us or Enroll Online
To determine whether you are eligible for the program and to enroll, you can:
Call the Injectafer IV Iron Hotline at 1-877-4-IV-IRON (1-877-448-4766) 1-877-4-IV-IRON (1-877-448-4766)
Qualifying patients are usually enrolled within a few minutes. Upon completion of the enrollment process, an Injectafer Savings Program virtual debit card number will be issued to you. You will receive a welcome letter in the mail, and your healthcare provider’s office will receive a fax confirming your enrollment.Download the Injectafer Savings Program Brochure
Get your IDA Discussion Starter today!
Fill out an Interactive IDA Discussion Starter
At your next appointment, share potential symptoms with your doctor and make sure your questions about IDA and potential treatment options get answered.GET STARTED
Stay informed. Stay connected.
Along your IDA journey stay informed about the condition and potential treatment options.Sign Up for Emails
Receive Injectafer text messages
Stay up-to-date with IDA information, potential Injectafer savings, and helpful reminders.TEXT START to 86370*
The information on this website should not take the place of talking with your doctor or healthcare professional. If you have any questions about your condition, or if you want more information about IDA or Injectafer, talk to your doctor. Only your doctor can decide if Injectafer is right for you.
Injectafer Mobile Terms and Conditions
*Injectafer SMS Program Full Terms and Conditions
- By subscribing to Injectafer Mobile Communications Program alerts, the user consents to receive automated text messages from Injectafer, other parties within Injectafer, and its partners. Message & data rates may apply.
- There is no fee from Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. to receive messages. Charges are billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account. Consent is not a requirement for purchase.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier's name and the date, time and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us. Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless carrier may interfere with message delivery, including the customer's equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. The wireless carrier does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator. T-Mobile® is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. Additionally, Daiichi Sankyo is not liable for any message or data rates in connection with the SMS service.
- The service is available on these US carriers only: Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Nextel , Boost, T-Mobile®, AT&T, Alltel, ACS Wireless, Bluegrass Cellular, Carolina West Wireless, CellCom, Cellular One of East Central Illinois (ECIT), Cincinnati Bell, Cricket, C-Spire Wireless, Duet IP (AKA Max/Benton/Albandy), Element Mobile, Epic Touch, GCI Communications, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri Cellular), Illinois Valley Cellular (IVC), Inland Cellular, iWireless, Keystone Wireless (Immix/PC Management), MetroPCS, MobiPCS, Mosaic, MTPCS/Cellular One (Cellone Nation), Nex-Tech Wireless, nTelos, Panhandle Telecommunications, Pioneer, Plateau, Revol Wireless, Rina-Custer, Rina-All West, Rina- Cambridge Telecom Coop, Rina-Eagle Valley Comm, Rina-Farmers Mutual Telephone Co, Rina-Nucla Nutria Telephone Co, Rina- Silver Star, Rina- South Central Comm, Rina- Syringa, Rina- UBET, Rina-Manti, Simmetry, South Canaan/CellularOne of NEPA, Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless,U.S. Cellular, Viaero Wireless, Virgin Mobile, West Central Wireless (includes Five Star Wireless).
- As a member of the Injectafer Mobile Communications Program, you will receive automated messages to the mobile number provided. You can unsubscribe from this service at any time by texting STOP to 86370.
If you have any questions, text HELP to 86370 or contact us at 1-800-734-9236. To stop receiving messages text STOP to 86370.
The Injectafer Patient Assistance Program
Injectafer Savings Program Terms and Conditions
- This offer is valid for commercially insured adult patients. Uninsured and cash-paying patients are NOT eligible for this Program.
- Depending on insurance coverage, eligible insured patients may pay no more than $50 per dose for two courses of treatment per 12-month period and up to a maximum savings limit of $500 per dose, a $1,000 program limit per course of treatment. Check with your pharmacist or healthcare provider for your copay discount. Patient out-of-pocket expense may vary.
- This offer is not valid for patients enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, or other federal or state healthcare programs, or private indemnity or HMO insurance plans that reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs. Patients may not use this card if they are Medicare-eligible and enrolled in an employer-sponsored health plan or medical or prescription drug benefit program for retirees.
- This offer is valid for 2 courses or 4 doses of the 750-mg dose of the Injectafer Prescription. An explanation of benefits statement must be faxed, uploaded in the portal or mailed in prior to transacting on the account numbers for co-pay assistance. One enrollment is allowed per 12-month period.
- Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. reserves the right to rescind, revoke or amend this offer without notice. Offer good only in the USA, including Puerto Rico, at participating pharmacies or healthcare providers.
- Void if prohibited by law, taxed, or restricted.
- This account number is not transferable. The selling, purchasing, trading, or counterfeiting of this account number is prohibited by law.
- This account number is not insurance.
- By redeeming this account number, you acknowledge that you are an eligible patient and that you understand and agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this offer.
- Qualified patients receiving Injectafer will be allowed a 120-day retroactive enrollment period to receive benefits under the program rules.
Important Safety Information
Injectafer® (ferric carboxymaltose injection) is available by prescription only. Ask your doctor or healthcare provider if Injectafer is right for you.
What is Injectafer?
Injectafer is a prescription iron replacement medicine administered only by or under the supervision of your healthcare provider. Injectafer is injected into your vein to treat iron deficiency anemia in adults. Injectafer should be used only if you have not responded well to treatment with oral iron, or if you are intolerant to oral iron treatment. It is also used to treat iron deficiency anemia in adults with chronic kidney disease who are not receiving dialysis.
It is not known if Injectafer is safe and effective for use in children.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Who should not receive Injectafer?
You should not receive Injectafer if you are allergic to ferric carboxymaltose or any of the other ingredients in Injectafer. The active ingredient in Injectafer is ferric carboxymaltose, the inactive ingredients are: water for injection, sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid.
What should I tell my doctor or healthcare provider before receiving Injectafer?
Before you receive Injectafer, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have had an allergic reaction to iron given intravenously (into your vein), including Injectafer, or to other non-oral iron treatments
- If you have, or have previously experienced, iron overload, or if your body has difficulty using iron appropriately
- Have high blood pressure
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Injectafer will harm your unborn baby. Your healthcare provider will decide if it is safe for you to take Injectafer.
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breast feed. Injectafer passes into your breast milk. It is unknown whether Injectafer would pose a risk to your baby. Talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby during treatment with Injectafer.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medications you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
How will I receive Injectafer?
Injectafer is given intravenously (into your vein) by your healthcare provider in 2 doses at least 7 days apart.
What are the possible side effects of Injectafer?
Injectafer can cause serious side effects, including:
- Serious allergic reactions that may be life-threatening, including shock, low blood pressure, loss of consciousness, and death. Your doctor or healthcare provider will monitor you for signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction during and after each dose of Injectafer for at least 30 minutes. Other serious allergic reactions include itching, rash, hives, wheezing, or low blood pressure. You should report any signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction to Injectafer, in particular rashes, shortness of breath and wheezing to your doctor or healthcare provider.
- High blood pressure, sometimes with facial flushing, dizziness, or nausea, has been seen during treatment with Injectafer. This increase in blood pressure typically resolves within 30 minutes. Your doctor or healthcare provider will monitor you for signs and symptoms of an increase in blood pressure following each use of Injectafer.
Other serious side effects that have been reported include rash, difficulty breathing, itching, rapid heartbeat, fever, chest discomfort, chills, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue, back pain, muscle aches, and fainting.
The most common side effects of Injectafer include:
- Nausea, high blood pressure, flushing, low levels of phosphorous in your blood, dizziness, vomiting, headache, an increase in certain liver enzymes, and pain or bruising at the injection site. Potentially long-lasting brown staining of skin near the injection site may occur if Injectafer leaks out of the vein.
Excessive amounts of Injectafer may lead to a condition called iron overload, which is a buildup of iron and may be harmful.
These are not all of the possible side effects of Injectafer.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
General information about Injectafer
Injectafer may impact laboratory tests that measure iron in your blood for 24 hours after receiving Injectafer. Let your healthcare provider and laboratory staff know if you have received Injectafer within 24 hours of having blood tests.
To report side effects, contact American Regent at 1-800-734-9236 or E-mail: email@example.com or Fax: 1-610-650-0170.
You may also report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch.
The risk information provided here is not comprehensive. To learn more about Injectafer, talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist. The FDA-approved product labeling can be found at www.injectafer.com/pdf/pi.pdf or call 1-800-645-1706.
Please see Full Prescribing Information for Injectafer, including the bolded WARNING regarding hypersensitivity.